Below are some 2018 SEO Statistics that show how important your organic SEO ranking is to the performance of your site in search results pages:
- In 2017, Google accounted for over 79% of all global desktop search traffic, followed by Bing at 7.27%, Baidu at 6.55% and Yahoo at 5.06%.
- Google receives over 63,000 searches per second on any given day.
- More Google searches take place on mobile devices than on computers in 10 countries including the U.S. and Japan.
- Marketers see SEO as becoming more effective, with 82% reporting effectiveness is on the rise and 42% of this group stating effectiveness is increasing significantly.
- 61% of marketers say improving SEO and growing their organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority.
- In 2018, the average firm is expected to allocate 41% of their marketing budget to online, and this rate is expected to grow to 45% by 2020.
- A recent Google survey revealed that 85-percent of people claim to ignore sponsored listings when searching via Google and if you’re in a sector where PR isn’t favorable; your ads might be even less trusted.
- Organic Listings receive 90% of clicks.
- Younger searches are less likely to click on paid ads – 35 percent of ads are clicked on by searchers age 34 or younger. But as age increases, so does the number of people clicking on those ads, as 65 percent of ad clicks come from searchers age 35 and older.